Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 7 is for F-words sort of

flowersflowers

Hi readers and writers,

I always dread day 7 of Alphabetaphilia because it's hard to say we want your five f-words without being mis-understood and giving rise to snide snickers and lurid lears.  But it must be done.  Give me five f-words that are fit for family entertainment and use them in a sentence and let's get it over with.  I'm posting the flowers from Provincetown again this year because it's one of my favorite photos, reminding me of walking down the beach to the workshop on Memoir at Norman Mailer Writers Colony.

cheers,
Laura

4 comments:

Laura Mays Hoopes said...

flamenco, filament, figment, flagrant, fragrant

The flagrant dress of the flamenco dancer swished by, leaving behind a fragrant filament of an imaginary figment.

Anonymous said...

failed, female, fixed, fontanelle, funny.

Funny, how I could never forget the feel of that soft spot. Already, the impression I had of myself as a new mother was of a failed female, not knowing what to do with that wiggling, writhing little worm in my arm, how to give him the "boob," fixed so it wouldn't smother him, so he could have his fill without swallowing a bellyful of air, and then the nurse said, "watch out for that fontanelle." What? Give me your hand. Here. This is where your baby's skull is still split. What? Please take him safely away from me.

Laura Mays Hoopes said...

Very evocative of the nervousness of a new mother! Thanks!

Mercedes said...

Frustration, friends, finished, fair, fraught, feverishly, finalize, first

With frustration, the friends finished their science fair research, it had been fraught with complications, and they worked feverishly to finalize the report, hoping for first place.