Monday, February 11, 2013

K is for Krakatoa on Alphabetaphilia February 12

Krakatoa lithograph


Dear readers and writers,

Today is February 12, the day for K alliteration on Alphabetaphilia.  I picked an image of Krakatoa, the volcano from 1883, from Wikipedia Commons (thanks to them!) to inspire us today.

I saw "Krakatoa, East of Java" at a drive in theatre many years ago, and it scared the bejabbers out of me.  The only one that scared me more, out of all the films my family went to see in that drive in, was "War of the Worlds."  The rising of a wave, even a pretty small wave, made me worry that it might just keep rising on and on, tower into a tsunami, and crash over the world as I knew it.  And a low, low tide was sure to be followed by a giant wave, I thought, so at Myrtle Beach, I tried to stay inside the beach house at low tide.

Enjoy playing with K-words today.  Find five, use in a sentence, capitalized or not all fine, and post the words and sentence on the comments.  A short delay for me to moderate comments and your fabulous sentence will shine out on the world.  Go!

cheers,
Laura

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

Kindred, knee, kick, keen, kin, kit

Kindred spirits gathered on bended knee to kick off the Solstice celebration with a keen appreciation for the ritual of their ancestral kin and the kit of tools needed to honor this day.