Saturday, February 9, 2013

Alphabetaphilia for February 10, I-Words



Dear readers and writers,

For Sunday, February 10, our letter for alliteration fun is "I." So here is a photo of my favorite insect, the lightning bug or firefly, first dark, then aglow.  On summer evenings, these bugs flashed their signals to each other along the edge of the woods behind our house, and I could not stop watching.  My sister loved to catch them and put them in a jar, but I just loved to see them flash.  Not in our backyard, but at some locations lightning bugs flash in synchony.  On!  Off!  On!  Off! Just imagine how cool that would look.

For today, think of five words starting with I, use them in a fabulous sentence, and post in comments.  Visit Alphapedia once, or as often as you can.  Welcome either way!

cheers,
Laura

PS Thanks to Creative Commons for the photograph.

2 comments:

Laura Mays Hoopes said...

Here are my words for today:
Isolation, Island, Invisible, irreversible, illuminated

The isolated island was illuminated by moonlight, but the irreversible erosion of the volcanic slopes was invisible.
cheers,
Laura

Mercedes said...

Ingenious, intelligent, informed, involved, increasingly, individuals, investing, international

Ingenious, intelligent, informed and involved, are increasingly difficult attributes to apply to individuals investing in international markets.